Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Something to think about :)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Something to think about :)
Something to think about :) 16 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: -5
I realize I am one of the newer people at the site but I really would like to give the members of nidink something to ponder on. Many people have come to me concerning the language that people are using in some of the rooms at Nidink mainly the social room. The main concern is the dirty F word. This site has a very relaxed atmosphere and I love that and respect everyone’s views and opinions. The funny thing about the people who are coming to me…they are not from my league. New members come into our rooms as guest and see this word on the main do you think they will come back? Are we being disrespectful to other members because we don’t watch what we type? This may not be offensive to some but to others it is, so should we all be considerate to others as we would if they were standing right in front of you? Just something to think about and I would love some input on this topic Thanks for taking the time to read and respond back. Have a great day
CC_CaseClosed
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Something to think about :) 16 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 50
hiya brenda gm

great point to bring up, I can see the validity in what you say. I am guilty of usin, not the word itself, but of similiar words mening same thing....example...fark, freaking, etc. so I am not sure if I am being a hypocritical (thanks for spell ck (eheh) )or not.

I know exactly what you are saying about scaring off new members, because some, I would say most, do find that word offensive. But, myself personally, have not seen the word used that many times in the lobbies I have been in. But, I am in during mornin hours mostly, therefore dont know what happens after hours,

I cannot speak for others, but myself, no, I dont use the word when speaking live in person, to another......well, under normal circumstances any way

I dont think its too much to ask that we clean our language up some, especially if others find it offensive. We are here to make the best site EVER and although we cannot accomondate every lil wish and command, this one surely is one that is do-able

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Brenda Shows you care about this site and that you want to see it grow
TxanStyle
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Something to think about :) 16 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: -5
Thanks TX I love this site...and I do want it to grow as far as fark and the other slang ... I dont think people are talking about that at all. I think it is the spelled right out F word. Thanks for your input
CC_CaseClosed
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Something to think about :) 16 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 22
i agree with you brenda the f word and some of the language needs to be toned down some. I love this site and i work many hours to get a new player in and dont want to lose a player cause of language that is being said in lobbie I know this is and adult site but those who wants to talk like that can us pm very well put
Tuff_One
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Something to think about :) 16 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 159
There are many people who do find the word offensive, and yes we should all be considerate of others. The times i have seen the word used outright in the lobby is usually a slip and people either stop and apologize or at least put up an face.

As in real life though it does take all kinds to make the world go round, sometimes people find they can use the word and they continue to do so, at that point usually a pm asking nicely that they refrain, since some to find it offensive usually works. If that fails, i resort to filling the lobby with much of my babblilng even if it means talking to myself or i start to sing... both work as a good change of subject and 99 out of 100 times i have found, others either lmao start telling me to be quiet... or join in with me and the change of sujbect manages to quell the foul language that some find offensive.

So if someone pm's you get them to help you to change the subject, or explain to them that OMG i know this person and they don't usually talk like this at all it must have been a slip, please forgive them.
num_ofmyheart
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Something to think about :) 16 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 335
i don't see it used too often myself however if it is used in an attack its a "n no" straight away. The odd times i have seen it has been in an attack where the members been repromanded or its slipped out in a none offensive way and as num said its usally follwed with a blush or a apology.

But we will keep an eye on it.
Nidi
Administrator
graphgraph
Nidi

Go to topPage: 12
Moderators: JAZZZYY
NIDINK LIMITED  www.nidink.com