Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Google Gears
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Google Gears
Google Gears 16 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: -4
explain me when i read about google gears it sais it is a malicious? product used for tracking peoples!
i dont want load stuff on my registry like that!
booboobaby
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Google Gears 16 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 23
well..google is a respected company in this world...(www.google.com), many millons of ppl uses them tecnology for searching and they are doing great improvements in the computer world.I know some freakies from TGS are spreading shit about this new product google is doing "Google Gears".Basically what google gears does is allowing u to watch a webpage in OFFLINE mode like if u were ONLINE,in other words...u can have stored in ur pc images,mp3s,webpages without having to be connected to the net.The way we use google gears is to speed up the access to our lobbies or games (caching avatars,emoticons,ect).Many of our users clean internet explorer caches too often,but google uses them own cache system.

I just hope the ppl that are spreading that shit about google gears has in consideration that google has very good lawyers,that google loves to have them reputation very clean, and that they pay big bucks to not do something that could damage them own reputation or ppl pcs.

If those ppl has written post about "them imaginary ideas" of what google gears do....better google spiders bots doesn't index them..

And my last word....attacking google gears is like attacking google ADS...and oh irony of destiny...it's what they use in TGS.
Intexk
Administrator
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user

Re:Google Gears 16 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 335
This is obsurd and very funny, google gears is made by google, not us, you would have more chance with spreading rumours that we programmed something bad, not that we have but to say it is google that released a product that is malicous, is slander i believe.

As inki explained the google gears stores stuff on to your pc from the webpage, this makes the games room load a lot faster, you only have to look at the polls on front page and see that over 75% of the users that installed it find it a lot faster (even though I am pretty sure the people who ticked no are just malicious members of another site, as everyone who has installed it has commented in the room how much it has helped).

And another thing, we don't track people, ask anyone with spyware detectors if they have had any notification from their pc security programs to state other wise!

WE ask people to install it to improve their gaming experience, it is not a must to do so, it is optional, so if you don't want to install something you consider "malicious!" then simply don't, but we will continue to promote its use so the regular members who like to use this site on a daily basis get the best they can out of nidink as we want people to feel comfortable here and not get vexed coz a room took 3 minutes to load like other sites.

BTW if i went to a site that flagged up it was dangerous, i would get the hell out of there, not stick around to post in forums unless i was being malicous on the behalf of the struggling Gamer Shaft...nice try but a rather pathetic attempt if i may say so.
Nidi
Administrator
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2007/09/30 14:13 By Nidi.
Nidi

Re:Google Gears 16 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 12
lmao all ya gotta do is "google" googlegears... the story tells its self. looks like booboo made a booboo
_RedVixen_
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Google Gears 16 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: -4
Please do your at home work.
booboobaby
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Google Gears 16 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: -4
Please do your at home work.
booboobaby
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
Moderators: JAZZZYY
NIDINK LIMITED  www.nidink.com