Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Recipes to share
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Recipes to share
Re:Recipes to share Pizza dough recipe 16 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 159
PIZZA DOUGH

3 1/2 cups flour
1 cup warm water (between 95° and 115° F.)
2 T yeast
2 T honey
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 tsp. salt

Some food processors come with a dough blade. If you have it use it. If you don't, just use the standard cutting blade. My dough blade broke from over use (some would call it pizza abuse, but that's another story) and the regular blade works fine.
Pour in warm water. The water should be about 85 to 115° F. Test it with your hand. It should feel very warm, but comfortable. Add the honey and salt. Mix on low for about 20 seconds. Add the yeast and mix on low for another 5 seconds. Add 1 cup of flour, mix on low for 10 seconds. Add the olive oil and mix until blended (about 15 or 20 seconds more). Add the rest of the flour (and any other additions) and mix on high for about a minute or two. The dough should turn into a ball and roll around the processor. If the dough does not ball up because it's too dry, add water one tablespoon at a time until it does. If your mixture is more like a batter, add flour one tablespoon at a time. Adding water or flour as needed to get the right consistency will assure you always get a perfect dough. Just remember to do it in small amounts.
Once the dough is balled up, place the ball on a floured board and knead for about a minute. This builds the gluten which helps the dough to rise and become fluffy when cooked. Place the dough in a plastic grocery bag or a covered bowl and store in a warm, dry area to rise.
After about 45 minutes the dough should have about doubled in size. Show it who's the boss and punch it down. That's right, give it a good smack so it deflates. Let it rise for another hour to an hour and a half. The dough is now ready to be rolled out. You can punch the dough down one more time if you want and wait another hour or two before rolling out. The choice is yours.

Bake at 400 degrees

I'll add fresh rosemary or freshly grated parmigiano reggiano cheese to the dough just before kneading. Be creative.
num_ofmyheart
Platinum Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Recipes to share 16 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 86
sounds good...ive never put honey in my pizza dough but im going to try it... i do add alot of different combinations of ingrediants to dough...fresh basil, oregano, love rosemary (focaccia bread) if you only knead the dough once it will make a great bread dough...or calzone dough!!!... i have some great pizza crust recipes but most are for huge quantities of dough... at work we usually make a 60 pizza batch each day...double batches on the weekends... im going to try nums recipe with honey though...im wondering if it will be noticed in flavor or if its used to help activate the yeast...
_Em_
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 12
Moderators: JAZZZYY
NIDINK LIMITED  www.nidink.com