Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Nidink Backgammon Bugs and Suggestions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Nidink Backgammon Bugs and Suggestions
Nidink Backgammon Bugs and Suggestions 16 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Over the past couple of days, I have noticed a few problems with the Backgammon software as well as hopefully spotting a few areas of potential improvement.

The dice are the same colour for each player and although the player's name to the left of the board has a yellow border around it, if one is looking at the board, this is not obvious. Perhaps it would be easier to have different coloured dice for each player.

A "Done" or "Pass" button should be available for when a player has no valid move(s); certainly when "Auto Done" is selected, the dice can linger for quite some time, which is quite frustrating for both players.

The text in the left hand panel (pips, score, etc.) repeats / ghosts when a double is offered. That is just plain weird.

A "stone hit" sound could be quite useful to alert players when they have been hit.

Likewise, a "your turn" sound could be helpful, especially if one player is running slowly, or has had to leave the table for a short time.

All games should be saved, not just the most recent. This enables one to complete a match that was interrupted, after one has played other matches.

Saved match logs are useful for both recommencing interrupted matches and for resolving disputes between players. Maybe something of the form
<player>_<opponent>.sol could be used.

The "Roll" text disappears at times.

The "Done" and "Undo" text disappears at times.

Time and date stamps for lines of chat in both the lobby and on the tables could be useful, especially when tournaments, matches or responses are time-sensitive.

I hope that these are of some help and not too petty of me. Parrt from these few gripes, I think the Backgammon room is really very good.

Kind regards,

Ian Springham / BG4ReptileHouse
BG4ReptileHouse
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Nidink Backgammon Bugs and Suggestions 16 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 23
All those ideas to improve game are great.
We want to make a manager for saved games but for all games not only bg, where ppl can review,delete,and even replay stored games against other players.
The notation of moves (showtabs) is done...but we found a bug in the past and we just disabled it.
Maybe if there are no legal movements for that player whatever dices he will get in the roll....automatically skip the turn to the other oponent.
Intexk
Administrator
graphgraph
User Online Now Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
Moderators: JAZZZYY
NIDINK LIMITED  www.nidink.com